Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Gladys Knight

Sunday night I went to Charlotte to the Gladys Knight fireside. It was awesome! It was unlike anything you'd ever expect to experience in an LDS church. People were clapping, standing up and moving to the music, shouting their amens and catching the holy spirit. I loved the choir's arrangements of "I Am A Child of God" and other hymns, as well as other songs I'd never heard. I will definitely be getting the CD. My mom got to go when Gladys was in Phoenix a year or so ago and told me how great it was, so I was glad to experience it for myself. The best part was Sister Knight's sweet testimony. She has such a cute personality. If you get the opportunity, make sure you go!

5 comments:

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

oh how fun! i have always wanted to hear her sing! she adds so much spice to the same church songs we hear all the time! i'll have to get the cd too since you liked it so much! :)

mattnbeth said...

em that sounds like it would be amazing! i would love to go to one sometime. thanks for the bday wishes! youre the best and i promise ill call you this week. sorry for being such bad friend. i love you and hope all goes well with mike in peru. chances are ill be husbandless too! maybe ill come stay with you! :)

Webb Family said...

Sounds like you had fun!

Alexander said...

That is pretty sweet you got to see her in concert.

Allie said...

Not that I am not a HUGE Gladys fan, but I am ready for a new posting Em.
By the way, I loved, loved, loved hanging out with you last week. I guess I had forgotten how much I missed my best friend!